If you’ve ever woken up after a night out in the city that never sleeps with your heart racing, you know it’s not just any typical hangover. Hangovers accompanied by heart palpitations, or rapid heartbeats, can be quite scary, leaving you feeling anxious and uncomfortable. But fear not, because there are a variety of effective remedies that can help you soothe your hangover and alleviate those dreaded heart palpitations. Check out some of our top picks for the most effective hangover remedies for a hangover that causes heart palpitations in NYC.
1. Stay hydrated – One of the main causes of heart palpitations during a hangover is dehydration. Be sure to drink plenty of water, coconut water, or electrolyte-enhanced beverages, such as Gatorade or Pedialyte to replenish your fluids and help your heart rate return to normal.
2. Eat something – When you drink alcohol, it depletes the glycogen stores in your liver, which can lead to low blood sugar levels. This can cause your heart to race and can contribute to those pesky palpitations. Try eating something high in complex carbs, such as oatmeal or whole-grain toast, to help regulate your blood sugar levels and calm your heart.
3. Take a cold shower – Heart palpitations can be exacerbated by high body temperature, which can also be a result of dehydration. Taking a cold shower, or even just splashing your face with cold water, can help lower your body temperature and alleviate palpitations.
4. Sip on herbal tea – Drinking hot tea can be incredibly soothing for both your body and mind. Choose a herbal tea with calming properties, such as chamomile or valerian root, which can help reduce anxiety and regulate heart rate.
5. Try magnesium and potassium supplements – Magnesium and potassium are essential minerals that help regulate heart contractions. When you drink alcohol, your body loses magnesium and potassium, leading to heart palpitations. Taking supplements can help restore these levels and reduce palpitations.
6. Get some fresh air and sunlight – While it may be tempting to stay in bed all day, getting outside and soaking up some sunshine can do wonders for your body and mind. Sunlight has been shown to boost serotonin levels, which can help reduce anxiety and regulate heart rate.
the best way to prevent heart palpitations during a hangover is to drink responsibly and stay hydrated throughout the night. However, if you do happen to experience palpitations, try one or more of these effective remedies to help soothe your discomfort and regulate your heart rate. Remember, if you are experiencing persistent or severe palpitations, it’s always best to seek medical advice.I don’t want to forget to recommend that you read about WHAT ARE SOME LESSER .