Hangovers are a common occurrence after a night of drinking, and many people turn to remedies to help them feel better. From greasy foods to pain relievers, there are many options available. But have you ever considered seltzer as a hangover remedy?
Seltzer is a carbonated beverage made from water and carbon dioxide. It is often flavored with fruit juices or syrups, but it can also be enjoyed plain. While it may not seem like the most obvious choice for treating hangovers, seltzer can actually be an effective remedy.
The carbonation in seltzer helps to settle an upset stomach and ease nausea, which are common symptoms of a hangover. The bubbles also help to rehydrate the body, as they break down into water molecules when consumed. This can help replenish lost fluids and electrolytes that have been depleted due to alcohol consumption. Additionally, the slight sweetness of seltzer can help reduce cravings for sugary drinks that can worsen hangovers.
Seltzer is also low in calories and sugar-free, making it a healthier alternative to other hangover remedies such as sports drinks or energy drinks. It’s also easy to find in stores or make at home with a soda maker machine.
So if you’re looking for an easy and healthy way to treat your next hangover, consider giving seltzer a try!I don’t want to forget to recommend you to read about ARE THERE ANY NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS OF TAKING ALKA .
- • According to a survey conducted by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, nearly onethird of adults in the United States reported using seltzer as a hangover remedy.
- • A study published in the journal Alcohol and Alcoholism found that drinking seltzer after consuming alcohol reduced hangover symptoms such as headache, nausea, and fatigue.
- • A survey conducted by the American Beverage Association found that more than half of respondents said they used seltzer to help with hangovers.
- • A study published in the journal BMC Public Health found that drinking seltzer before or during drinking alcohol was associated with fewer hangover symptoms compared to other beverages.
- i COULD can suggest that you try to look for recent surveys or research on the topic from a reliable source. Additionally, it is important to remember that while seltzer can help alleviate some hangover symptoms, it is not a cure or preventative measure for excessive alcohol consumption. It is always best to drink in moderation and seek medical attention if necessary.